Biostatistics Project Manager
Department of Biostatistics
Office: Rahn 3217
Academic, Research and Policy Affiliations
American Statistical Association, Central Arkansas Statistical Association,
Eastern North American Region of International Biometric Society,
American Association for the Advancement of Science.
1999 – M.A.pSt. (Statistics), Louisiana State University
1997 – M.S. (Plant Pathology), Louisiana State University
1976 – B.S. (Molecular Biophysics & Biochemistry), Yale University
Survival Analysis, Linear and Generalized Linear Models, Genomics and Proteomics,
Nonparametric Methods, Clinical Trials, Observational Studies
Current Research Projects
- Vaccination of High-Risk Breast Cancer Patients with Carbohydrate-Mimicking Peptides (USAMRMC Department of Defense Breast Cancer Research Program; Kieber-Emmons T, PI)
- Fetal magnetoencephalography and evoked potentials (NIH National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke; Lowery C, PI)
- In vivo real-time detection of circulating melanoma cells (NIH National Cancer Institute; Zharov V, PI)
- Causative role of lipid peroxidation products in obesity and aging (NIH National Institute on Aging; Zimniak P, PI)
- Role of serine protease KLK7 in pancreatic cancer (Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System; Haun R, PI)
- Prostate tumor progression by mitochondrial DNA change (NIH National Cancer Institute; Higuchi M, PI)
- Individualizing cancer predictions via selective voting in convex-hull ensembles (NIH National Cancer Institute; Kodell R, PI)
- Microglia modulate ethanol impact on CNS development (NIH National Institute on Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse; Kane C, PI)
- Reduced Temperature Thermal Ablation for HCC and other Liver Tumors (NIH National Cancer Institute; Borrelli M, PI)
Govindarajan R, Siegel E, Makhoul I, Williamson S. Bevacizumab and Erlotinib in Previously Untreated Inoperable and Metastatic Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Am J Clin Oncol. 2012 May 24. [Epub ahead of print].
Griffin RJ, Koonce N, Dings RPM, Siegel E, Moros E, Bräuer-Krisch E, Corry P. Microbeam radiation therapy alters vascular architecture and tumor oxygenation and is enhanced by a galectin-1 targeted anti-angiogenic peptide. Radiat Res. 2012 May 18. [Epub ahead of print].
Iakovlev V, Siegel E, Tsao MS, Haun RS. Expression of kallikrein-related peptidase 7 predicts poor prognosis in patients with unresectable pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2012 May 9. [Epub ahead of print].
Matuz T, Govindan RB, Preissl H, Siegel ER, Muenssinger J, Murphy P, Ware M, Lowery CL, Eswaran H. Habituation of visual
evoked responses in neonates and fetuses: a MEG study. Dev Cogn Neurosci. 2012 Jul; 2(3):303-16.
Boeckmann J, Bartel T, Siegel E, Bodenner D, Stack BC Jr. Can the Pathology of a Thyroid Nodule Be Determined by Positron Emission Tomography Uptake? Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012 Jun; 146(6):906-12.
Moreno MA, Edeiken-Monroe BS, Siegel ER, Sherman SI, Clayman GL. In Papillary Thyroid Cancer, Preoperative Central
Neck Ultrasound Detects Only Macroscopic Surgical Disease, But Negative Findings Predict Excellent Long-Term Regional
Control and Survival. Thyroid. 2012 Apr; 22(4):347-55.