Biostatistics Project Manager
Department of Biostatistics
Academic, Research and Policy Affiliations
American Statistical Association, Central Arkansas Statistical Association,
Eastern North American Region of International Biometric Society,
American Association for the Advancement of Science.
1999 – M.A.pSt. (Statistics), Louisiana State University
1997 – M.S. (Plant Pathology), Louisiana State University
1976 – B.S. (Molecular Biophysics & Biochemistry), Yale University
Survival Analysis, Linear and Generalized Linear Models, Genomics and Proteomics,
Nonparametric Methods, Clinical Trials, Observational Studies
Current Research Projects
- Vaccination of High-Risk Breast Cancer Patients with Carbohydrate-Mimicking Peptides (USAMRMC Department of Defense Breast Cancer Research Program; Kieber-Emmons T, PI)
- Fetal magnetoencephalography and evoked potentials (NIH National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke; Lowery C, PI)
- In vivo real-time detection of circulating melanoma cells (NIH National Cancer Institute; Zharov V, PI)
- Causative role of lipid peroxidation products in obesity and aging (NIH National Institute on Aging; Zimniak P, PI)
- Role of serine protease KLK7 in pancreatic cancer (Central Arkansas Veterans Healthcare System; Haun R, PI)
- Prostate tumor progression by mitochondrial DNA change (NIH National Cancer Institute; Higuchi M, PI)
- Individualizing cancer predictions via selective voting in convex-hull ensembles (NIH National Cancer Institute; Kodell R, PI)
- Microglia modulate ethanol impact on CNS development (NIH National Institute on Alcoholism and Alcohol Abuse; Kane C, PI)
- Reduced Temperature Thermal Ablation for HCC and other Liver Tumors (NIH National Cancer Institute; Borrelli M, PI)
Govindarajan R, Siegel E, Makhoul I, Williamson S. Bevacizumab and Erlotinib in Previously Untreated Inoperable and Metastatic Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Am J Clin Oncol. 2012 May 24. [Epub ahead of print].
Griffin RJ, Koonce N, Dings RPM, Siegel E, Moros E, Bräuer-Krisch E, Corry P. Microbeam radiation therapy alters vascular architecture and tumor oxygenation and is enhanced by a galectin-1 targeted anti-angiogenic peptide. Radiat Res. 2012 May 18. [Epub ahead of print].
Iakovlev V, Siegel E, Tsao MS, Haun RS. Expression of kallikrein-related peptidase 7 predicts poor prognosis in patients with unresectable pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2012 May 9. [Epub ahead of print].
Matuz T, Govindan RB, Preissl H, Siegel ER, Muenssinger J, Murphy P, Ware M, Lowery CL, Eswaran H. Habituation of visual
evoked responses in neonates and fetuses: a MEG study. Dev Cogn Neurosci. 2012 Jul; 2(3):303-16.
Boeckmann J, Bartel T, Siegel E, Bodenner D, Stack BC Jr. Can the Pathology of a Thyroid Nodule Be Determined by Positron Emission Tomography Uptake? Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2012 Jun; 146(6):906-12.
Moreno MA, Edeiken-Monroe BS, Siegel ER, Sherman SI, Clayman GL. In Papillary Thyroid Cancer, Preoperative Central
Neck Ultrasound Detects Only Macroscopic Surgical Disease, But Negative Findings Predict Excellent Long-Term Regional
Control and Survival. Thyroid. 2012 Apr; 22(4):347-55.